Your satisfaction is our #1 priority. We want this to be a painless process for you with as few inconveniences as possible. In an effort to make your home restoration as smooth as possible for you, we have compiled a checklist to help you prepare for your home restoration project.
KEEP IN MIND: SCHEDULING CAN CHANGE
- We will provide you with a date and time-frame when you can expect your project to be scheduled, but please be flexible and keep in mind that it is nearly impossible to schedule construction to the exact day and time. There are countless extenuating circumstances that can affect the schedule: inclement weather, material delay, etc. We will do our best to keep you up-to-date with schedule changes along the way. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.
- In most cases, your new material will be delivered the day before the scheduled installation.
- In most cases, your project will take no more than 1-2 days to complete, but this cannot be guaranteed.
TO-DO BEFORE THE INSTALL:
- Tell Your Neighbors – Please let your neighbors to the left and right know that you will be having upcoming construction on your house to prepare them for any noise or in case they need to move their vehicles.
- Move Outdoor Furniture – Please move any lawn furniture, yard art, or grills away from the side of the house to protect it from debris during construction. We don’t want to damage anything.
- Remove Interior Items – If we are installing new siding on your home, please remove everything from the outside facing interior walls to prevent damage (pictures, clocks, etc.). If we are installing new siding/roofing on your garage, please remove all vehicles, valuables that are on the interior walls, and anything that may be hanging from the ceiling.
- Move Car – Be sure to park on the street the night before so you don’t get trapped in the garage during construction.
- Remove Satellite – If we’re working on your roof & you have a satellite, we ask that you remove it before we begin the job.
DURING THE INSTALL:
- You do not have to be home for the work to be done.
- The crews can start as early as 7 a.m. & demolition and construction can be noisy – we are sorry for any inconvenience.
- Our crews will do their best to protect landscaping immediately around the house, but unfortunately plants cannot be temporarily moved like lawn chairs or grills. We apologize in advance if any shrubs lose a branch or any flowers get damaged.
TO-DO AFTER YOUR ROOF/SIDING IS INSTALLED:
- Look For Nails – While our crew members do their best to go through the yard with a magnet afterward to pick up as many as they can, it is nearly impossible to get every single one. Please be careful after the project is complete and keep your eye out for any strays. In some instances if the crew finishes late and it is getting dark, there may be more nails than usual left behind. If you are finding an unacceptable amount of debris in the yard, please let us know; we’d be more than happy to swing by and clean up for you.
- Satellite – If we worked on your roof and you have a satellite dish, you will need to contact your satellite provider to reinstall and calibrate the dish.
- Quality Control – After your project is finished, a manager will come by to check the work to ensure the quality and correctness of the installation.
- Leftover Materials – We always order more materials than we need on a job because it is better to have some leftover than not enough, as it can delay projects by a couple days or more. Any leftovers will be picked up by our company after the completion of the project.
- Collections – If this is an insurance job, once materials have been installed, we will be billing your insurance company (if your install is part of a claim we worked with you on). We will do all within our ability to confirm the release of final payment to you from your insurance company, but once in a while we have to ask our homeowners to follow up with the insurance companies about this. Once we are fairly certain that funds have been sent, or when an insurance company is not involved and materials are installed, we will email an invoice to you. At that time, we will want to arrange the final payment. For more information on payment and invoicing, click here.
If this is a non-insurance job, we will be reaching out with the invoice in the next couple of days. If you need financing, click here.
- Insurance Supplements – If this was an insurance job, we will supplement the job again at this time. These are items that are required for your install, but which were not covered on your insurance estimate for various reasons. These will appear on your invoice if your insurance carrier approves additional coverage.
For a printer-friendly version of our Restoration Checklist, click here!